The Board of Directors of HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND recognizes that the Hope Clinic of Garland engages in fundraising and solicitation activity from time to time. In order to comply with federal, state and local laws, as well as applicable ethical norms regarding fundraising activity, the Board has established this fundraising policy.
A. OVERSIGHT – All fundraising activity for HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND is supervised, coordinated and directed by Executive Director and Development Director of Hope Clinic of Garland. The Board shall annually review all fundraising activity by HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND.
B. USE OF FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONALS – Third parties not directly affiliated with the Hope Clinic of Garland must have written permission from Executive Director prior to any solicitation on behalf of HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND. Third party fundraisers engaged by HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND must be registered with appropriate state and local authorities, and their representation of the Hope Clinic of Garland must be evidenced by a written agreement approved by HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND.
C. TRUTH AND ACCURACY
1. All solicitation and fundraising materials and other communications to donors and the public shall clearly identify the HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND and be accurate and truthful.
2. The Development Director shall review fundraising or solicitation materials prior to publication for:
a. material omissions or exaggerations of fact, use of misleading photographs, or any other communication which would tend to create a false impression or misunderstanding; and
b. any statements or content that would tend to create unrealistic donor expectations of what the donor’s gift will actually accomplish.
D. DONOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT – HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall provide all donors with specific acknowledgments of charitable contributions, where applicable, in accordance with legal requirements for proper donor substantiation and the Hope Clinic of Garland’s disclosure.
E. SUPERVISION AND TRAINING
1. HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall provide appropriate training and supervision of the people soliciting funds on its behalf, whether employees or third party representatives, including training to attempt to avoid use of techniques that are coercive, intimidating or intended to harass potential donors.
2. HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall attempt to avoid accepting a gift from or entering into a contract with a prospective donor which would knowingly place a hardship on the donor, or place the donor’s future well-being in jeopardy.
F. COMPENSATION – HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall pay fundraisers no more than reasonable compensation for their services.
1. HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall not sell or otherwise make available the names and contact information of its donors, except where disclosure is required by law [without providing them an opportunity at least once a year to opt out of the use of their names and contact information].
2. HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall not send mailings on behalf of other Hope Clinic of Garland.
i. What information, if any, is being collected about them and how this information will be used;
ii. How to access personal information collected and request correction;
iii. How to inform HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND that the visitor does not wish his/her personal information to be shared outside the Hope Clinic of Garland; and iv. What security measures HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND has in place to protect personal information.
H. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW – In addition to any other requirements of this policy, all fundraising activities for HOPE CLINIC OF GARLAND shall be conducted in accordance with applicable law.