JOB DESCRIPTION – FRONT DESK – PATIENT COORDINATOR
TITLE: Front Desk – Patient Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly Pay
Patient Coordinators are the first point of contact for Hope Clinic and set the standard for services provided to our medical facility. Patient Coordinators assist with patient enrollment, schedules, as well as confirm and verify patient appointments. They receive and direct phone calls, patients and other visitors. They also readily identify appropriate referrals to community resources, as needed, via our Community Resources liaison.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: Prefer at least two years of related work experience in a patient care coordinator
position. Experience in Microsoft Office.
Additional Requirements: Bilingual in English and Spanish. Ability to be flexible in work
hours and job responsibilities as needed.
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position. Please note:
the primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Greet patients and visitors.
- Perform all patient enrollment functions.
- Schedule, confirm and verify patient appointments. Print daily schedule and log.
- Upon discharge – schedule follow up visits.
o verbally ask the patient to confirm that their information has NOT changed from last visit (phone
numbers, address, income, etc.).
o confirm correct information is on the patient log.
- Receive and direct phone calls, patients and other visitors. Respond to routine inquiries
concerning our medical facility’s services, hours of operation, etc.
- Answer phones promptly. Return voicemail messages before lunch and at end of day.
- Documents in EPIC as needed.
- Verify cash at beginning and end of each day.
- Inform Operations Manager when office supplies are needed.
- Maintains Standards for Use of Telephone and Personal Communication Devices.
- Maintains a Christian attitude and positive work ethic providing encouragement to patients,
volunteers and Hope Clinic team.
- Receive patient specimens, place in EPIC and walk specimen to lab area
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABIILITIES
This section describes the knowledge, skills and abilities an employee in this position should currently possess. Please note: the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are not limited to this list.
- Knowledge in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Skill in telephone etiquette.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Abides by HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
WHO WE ARE
We are celebrating 21 years this year! Founded in 2002, Hope Clinic of Garland is a faith based non-profit organization and the only free clinic in Garland, TX. Our goal is to improve the overall quality of our patients’ health, decrease hospitalization and minimize emergency room visits. We serve uninsured adults with incomes at or below 200% of poverty. Through our bilingual (Spanish/English) services, we provide primary and urgent health care, chronic health management, testing/treatment of COVID, medication assistance, specialist referrals, behavioral health support, health education, spiritual/emotional support and referrals to community resources.
Download/View the full job description document below for more details.
Job Description Document:
Send your resume to: Louise.Pettigrew@bswhealth.org
If you’re interested in serving in the community- come work at Hope Clinic!